Occupational Health & Safety Trainings
This training is designed to provide participant relevant skills and knowledge to promote continual improvement in occupational health and safety performance.
An ineffective audit can mean severe consequences; resulting in process failure, customer dissatisfaction and regulatory noncompliance. Optimize your auditing skills with the internationally recognized Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) standard ISO 45001 and boost your internal audit capabilities. Gain confidence in planning and performing an effective audit, as well as reporting and taking corrective action where necessary.
This course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance and implementation of processes based on ISO 45001. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports and complete follow-up activities.
By the end of the training, participants would be able to:
- Describe the responsibilities of an internal auditor and describe the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of management system
- Plan and prepare for an internal audit with risk based thinking, gather audit evidence through observation, interview and sampling of documents and records
- Write factual audit reports that help to improve the effectiveness of the management system
- Suggest ways in which the effectiveness of corrective action might be verified
2 days (9.00am to 5.00pm) or duration proposed at quotation.
Training session includes classroom lecture, exercises, group work and discussion.
- Existing OHSMS auditors who wish to broaden their capability
- Those who involve in the development and implementation of OHSMS
- Those who are in-charged to identify gaps in the effectiveness of their OHSMS
- Those who have no previous experience in auditing but have OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 requirements knowledge
- Management system overview – ISO 45001 OHSMS
- Introduction to Internal Audit – Definition, Audit guideline ISO 19011:2018, Purpose, Terms & definitions, Types of audit, Principles of auditing, Audit process
- Audit planning & preparation – Yearly audit schedule, Auditor selection, Establish audit plan, Preparing audit checklist, Notify auditor/auditee
- Audit performance and technique – Opening meeting, Audit approach, Audit problem, Audit Notes
- Audit reporting & follow-up – Audit review meeting, Write audit findings, Closing meeting, Follow-up
- Auditing tips
- Workshop/Exercises – Preparing audit checklist, ‘Live’ audit, Classifying and presentation of findings, Preparing nonconformity reports & Audit Case Studies
- Questions & answers
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to participants who fully participated the training and satisfied the attendance requirements.
Why Engage aNTS / Peplow-Warren?
Peplow-Warren Consultant Team is formed by a group of experienced sector expert, certification auditors, consultants and industry practitioners. They actively involve in international standard and specifications development by acting as active ISO and MOSTI Technical Committee Member. They carry a common mission: they are willing to share their good knowledge with current industry practitioners. Call us today for more detail. We are obliged to work together and grow your business.